Dialogue: Assignment Ten

 


For this project, we just had to make an animated sequence with dialogue. I am a big Taylor Swift fan, so I decided to use the Tiktok audio that goes through each of her albums. For this project, I completely used ToonBoom Harmony. To start, I made all the backgrounds for the albums. I decided to use the different colors, symbols, and song titles in the artwork. I then decided on what character to use. I started out attempting to draw a human being, but it didn't look accurate for what I envisioned, so I got rid of it, and made a cat, as Taylor Swift loves cats, and there's several lyrics in her songs that feature cats. After I decided the character, I drew it out. I then looked up the phonetic alphabet where I then drew my characters mouth in the different shapes of the letters/sounds so it would be easier in the long run to figure out the dialogue. After I added the dialogue, I used my drawings to match up the character to the dialogue. Lastly I went back and added some more to the backgrounds, and customized each era's cat by adding outfits and accessories.

This was my first time using dialogue in an animation sequence, so it was quite a bit of a challenge, but overall I was very happy with the outcome!

Comments